HOBOKEN VETERANS DAY ESSAY CONTEST: Open to Students Grade 5-8
Mayor Dawn Zimmer and the City of Hoboken once again invite school children to participate in the Hoboken Veterans Day Essay Contest.
This year’s topic: Who is a veteran, past or present, you admire and why?
• Entries open to 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th graders residing or attending any school within the City of Hoboken
• Essays should be no longer than 500 words
• Essay should be written in the student’s own words
• Student’s name, grade, school and contact information should be clearly identified on essay
• Essays must be submitted by 12:00 pm on November 9, 2016
• Essays must be typed or printed in black or blue pen and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/delivered to:
Hoboken City Hall
Office of Mayor Dawn Zimmer
94 Washington Street, 2nd Floor
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Winning student will be presented with an official City proclamation, and invited to read essay at annual Veterans Day ceremony. Second and third place participants will be presented with official City recognition from Mayor Dawn Zimmer.
CLICK HERE to read last year’s winning essay…