“I keep having the same dream,
Over and over again…”
Celebrating its 24th year, the Hoboken Arts & Music Festival returns to downtown Washington Street this Sunday, May 6th.
Having recently recorded their latest album in Hoboken’s world-renowned Water Music studio, critically acclaimed post-punk band The Dream Syndicate will anchor a number of acts on Sunday—including the Richard Lloyd Group – the Alchemy Band, Longneck, MAXIMA ALERTA, Jaime Rose, Jeremy Beck and the Heavy Duty Horns, Bryan Beninghove’s Hangmen, Joe Taino, Nina Et Cetera, Preschool of Rock, Ron Albanese – Polka Dot, Kid Notes Music with Chrissy and Ralph, and more…
The event also encompassed over 300 artists, crafters, photographers, food vendors, local businesses and other exhibitors. Special kid’s section with rides, games, face painting, sand art, entertainment & much more.
Special features include:
· Fine artists are located between 2nd & 3rd Streets, 5th & 6th Streets, and artists from the Monroe Center for the Arts between First & Newark Streets, so if you are an art collector, these are the locations you will want to explore first. Oil paintings, watercolors, acrylics, sculpture, mixed media, photography, etc.
· Children’s activities on 3rd Street with rides, games, creative activities, face painting, sand art, balloons, live performances and much, much more.
· Crafters display/sell handmade pottery, metalwork, wood items, furniture, blown & fused glass, quilts, household items made from recycled materials, batik clothing, hand painted furniture, candles, jewelry, dried florals, soaps & lotions and other unique handcrafted items.
· Food: Lots of great food throughout the fair. Hoboken restaurants will set up street cafes offering an eclectic variety of international foods such as Thai, Indian, Greek, French, Mexican, Cajun and Italian.
Observer Highway Stage
- Noon – Nina Et Cetera
- 1:00pm – Jaime Rose
- 2:00pm – Long Neck
- 3:00pm – Richard Lloyd Group, the Alchemy Band
- 4:30pm – The Dream Syndicate
7th Street Stage
- 12:00pm – The Dancers from All Saints Day School and BOLD Arts
- 1:20pm – Bryan Beninghove’s Hangmen
- 2:20pm – Joe Taino
- 3:30pm – Jeremy Beck and the Heavy Duty Horns
- 5:00pm – MAXIMA ALERTA
The event returns downtown, from Observer Highway to 7th Street, after shifting uptown last year. Street paving on lower Washington will help accommodate the event, although the road north of 5th Street still awaits repair.
Also be advised, portions of Washington Street will be closed from 6am to 9pm. During this time, NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 22 (North Bergen-Union City-Hoboken), No. 89 (North Bergen-Hoboken) and No. 126 (Hoboken-New York) will operate on a detour.
Customers traveling toward North Bergen and New York will board and alight along Bloomfield Street at customer’s request. Customers traveling toward Hoboken Terminal will board and alight along Willow Avenue at marked bus stop locations.
As always, admission is free for this event. For more information contact Geri Fallo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-420-2207.