hAPPENING: Hoboken’s Weekly ICYMI, FYI — September 30, 2017
Oh, hi there! How was your week? That’s nice…
While you were out conquering the world, here’s what you may have missed at home:
- BLIMPIE CRASHES, HOBOKEN CRIES: Legendary Sandwich Shop Abandons Its Home Port
- SOBSEY STORY: Celebrated Market Changes Hands
- BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL: Hoboken Catholic Academy Named Among Top Schools in the Nation
- DOCK FIGHT: Big Brawl Brewing Over Union Dry Dock (via Hudson County View)
- EVEN MORE ROAD CLOSURES: 12th Street Closing for PSEG Work
EAT, DRINK & BE MERRY:
- HOBOKEN COMEDY FESTIVAL: Runs Through Sunday
- SURF’S UP: Shore Favorite Surf Taco Rides Wave Into Hoboken (via HobokenHappyHours.com)
- BILL’S SPACE SHOW: Variety Show Premiere
- THE NET WILL APPEAR: Go See This Play… NOW!!!
- YOU CAN DO A LOT IN 1DAY: Hoboken Grace Hosts Massive Community Outreach Project
hOMES – Real Estate Info
There are 64 new listings in our area this week.
The main thing to note is that several 3- and 4-bedroom condos listed. Traditionally, once couples decided to either start or expand their family they looked to the suburbs—but nowadays more and more families are deciding to stay, choosing a shorter commute and more time with family over additional space.
Developers are aware of this trend and are building larger units to accommodate larger families. Over the coming months, look to see more 3- or 4-bedrooms, giving buyers more options and helping them to stay in the area that we are lucky to call home.
CLICK HERE for a closer look at this week’s numbers…