PROPELLER: What You Need To Know About Hoboken’s Phenomenal Festival of Innovation
What are all those tents down at Pier A?
Propeller is set for takeoff tomorrow, right here on the Hoboken Waterfront, as it aims to become the region’s foremost celebration of innovators from all walks of life—tech, entertainment, culture.
This year is the festival’s inaugural launch, leaving a lot of questions about what to expect. Of course you’ll never know unless you go, and tickets are available by clicking HERE. But here’s a look at what you’re getting into:
Best piece of advice: Wear comfy shoes…
Propeller offers an ambitious schedule of events, as doors open at 9:00 a.m., followed by opening remarks by Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer and Stevens Institute of Technology President Nariman Farvardin.
The event then launches into a frenzy of presentations by some of the most innovative minds in the current social, technological and entrepreneurial landscape, including names like:
- Best-Selling Author Gary Vaynerchuk
- Marc Lore, Founder of Jet.com
- Isaac Oates, Founder and CEO of Justworks
- EIR at Cornell Tech and Former CIO of Verizon Judith Spitz
- City of New York CTO Minerva Tantoco
- Angel Investor and Founder of Gotham Gal Ventures Joanne Wilson
- Author, Investor and Entrepreneur, James Altucher
- Co-Founders of Alley Jason Saltzman and Nsi Obotetukudo
- Investor at Flatiron Investors Laurel Touby
- Managing Director of Techstars Jenny Fielding
- Work Market Founder and President Jeffrey Wald
and scores more…
The event will feature a startup competition hosted by Techstars, recruitment lounges from sought-after technology employers and more than 50 exhibitor booths and product demos on top of keynote speakers from some of the areas luminaries in the startup, tech and venture communities.
Capping off the ALL-DAY festival, is a performance by Beatie Wolf and the Nokia Bell Labs Human Digital Orchestra, followed by indie-electric band The Naked and Famous.
CLICK HERE to download an app for live alerts and expanded access to Propeller.
Here’s the full itinerary as of press time (subject to change):